- Every student must carry his/ her almanac and identity card to school every day.
- Students should affix their photograph and write the required information duly signed by their parents in the space provided in the almanac.
- Students who come to school on their own should arrive 15 minutes before the bell rings.
- The morning bell before a class or assembly is a signal for all to go to the assembly or to their respective class-rooms. This should be done promptly and in silence.
- Changing of classrooms between periods should be done in an orderly manner.
- Students should be habitually clean and always neatly dressed. School uniform should be worn on all working days and for all school functions.
- All boys (except Sikhs who have to use a Green turban) must keep their hair short. Girls must tie their hair neatly if it is of shoulder length or longer with a green band.
- Care must be taken of all school property. No student should damage any school furniture; write or draw anything on the walls. Damage done should be reported at once to the class teacher.
- Parents are requested to ensure their children carry their personal belongings themselves to school. No lunch boxes, books, notebooks, project work, casio etc. will be taken by the guard for being handed over to the students. No calls relating to the same will be entertained at the reception.
- Students are to reach the school at the specified time. They will not be allowed to enter the school after that and no calls will be entertained at the security gate and reception regarding the same.
- Applications are to be written and signed by the parents. The student's name, class/ sec., Bus No. (in case the child avails the bus facility) and mobile no. of the parents should be mentioned in the same.
- It has been observed that the parents are sending unwell children for writing assignments. Please note that there is one extra test conducted for every subject in both the semesters to take care of unforeseen circumstances. So let the child take rest at home instead of forcing him/her to attend school.
- There is no short leave/ half day leave. This is in line with the norms in other Delhi Public Schools, keeping in view of child's safety and attendance in the school.
- No application will be entertained requiring the student to leave the school premises for any personal/ social function i.e. marriages, birthdays, going out of station, pujas etc. Parents are requested to regulate their personal schedules accordingly.
- Lending or borrowing of money or other articles is strictly prohibited.
- Students who come to school with their escorts should never leave before the escort arrives. In case of delay, they should report to the School Office.
►The school reserves the right to suspend students whose progress in studies is unsatisfactory or whose conduct is harmful to other students.
- Parents and guardians of all students should contact the teachers on the PTM days to note the progress of their wards.
- Parents and guardians must not visit their wards to teachers without the permission of the school authorities.
- Student's Progress Report Card will be shown to parents every term, as per the schedule. These must be duly signed by parents after discussing their ward's progress. Observations may be made, if so desired and the report card returned within two days of its receipt.
- The name, class and section should be clearly marked on all the belongings of the students. Blazers and jerseys should also bear the name of the student.
- Students who use unfair means during tests will be given zero in the subject. Repetition of the same will result in dismissal.
- Students will not be called to answer phone calls during school hours.
- Student appointees will wear their respective badges daily.
- Students using the school bus shall maintain discipline in the bus. Bus facility will be withdrawn in cases where discipline is not properly maintained.
- The school does not permit the celebration of birthdays in the school campus or outside in restaurants, if students are in school uniforms.
- Parents are requested to be careful with their words and tone while speaking to the teachers and school staff.
- Seek an appointment to clear your doubts or concerns rather than sending emails on any pretext.
Your cooperation in this regard is solicited.
- Follow the traffic rules.
- Reach your bus stops 5 minutes early & wait at the proper place.
- Board & De-board the bus only when it completely stops.
- Do not talk to strangers.
- Try to maintain calm and act smartly in case of any emergency instead of creating a panic.
- Inform school administration if you notice any suspected element/ activity in your school premises/bus.
- Do not bully your junior students or peers.
- Be extra cautious at vulnerable areas such as ground, Auditorium, Canteen, Entry & Exit gates and dispersal area.
- The students who are using private van facility or are personally picked up by parents are requested to wait inside the school premises till the arrival of van/parent.
Parents to ensure that:
- Children do not ride 2 wheelers without driving licence and helmet.
- Vehicles are not park recklessly and also do not block the front gates when wards are dropped/ picked up.
- Van drivers are informed about the guidelines issued by the Honourable Supreme Court of India. Also, since the van facility is not provided by the school, parents are requested to ensure the safety and security of their wards.
- Children should not bring expensive articles to school.
- Ward's Almanac has all the updated information’s inclusive of the photograph of the person picking up children in case of private commuters.
All the necessary precautions will be taken and alert supervision will be provided to avoid any situation that causes hurt to the child while in the school, in the school bus or on an excursion. It is important for parents to understand and note, in order to avoid any misunderstanding, that during any eventuality, mishap or loss or personal injuries whether fatal or otherwise, involving your children the school authorities and staff shall not be held responsible.
- They must be vigilant: in the school premises and in the buses while travelling.
- They must inform the school Administration if they notice any suspected element /activity.
- They must try to maintain calm and act smartly in case of any emergency instead of creating a panic.
- They must be alert during the arrival and dispersal time.
- In case they travel by their vehicles to school, they must be vigilant, check planting of explosives or any undesirable things.
- Be extra cautious in the vulnerable areas such as ground, Auditorium, canteen, classroom, entry & exit gates, dispersal areas.
- Ensure that Almanacs of all students are properly updated with all information inclusive of photograph of the person picking up children in case of private commuters.
- Be alert and use your common sense to avoid any dangerous situation.
- Students can avail the school transport, subject to the availability of seats.
- The school does not entertain any request for changes in bus route to suit an individual's convenience.
- Change of the bus stop for a day or a week is not entertained. As a rule such requests must not be made.
- In case of any change in bus routes due to change of address, the application should be forwarded to the school reception, addressed to the principal. It will take at least 4 working days for bus allotment, subject to availability of seat.
- Children availing the school transport will not be allowed to go with their parents/ guardians unless it is an emergency, or with the prior permission of the school authorities.
- Parents of students are not allowed to travel in the bus.
- Parents are requested to see that the children are escorted to & from the bus stops.
- Children's escorts must be at the bus stop ten minutes before the arrival time of the bus.
- The students/staff travelling in the school buses are requested to board and de board the respective buses inside the school premises only.
- Bus fee is charged for a quarter, in case any parent requires a favour of exemption for a month due to any reason, they would be required to take an approval one month prior from the School Principal.
JOYRIDE IN THE BUS
- Form a line to get into the bus.
- Do not run push other while getting into the bus.
- Do not lean close to the window.
- Do not take out your hand, bottle or handkerchief from the window.
- Do not throw anything out from the window.
- Do not stand or shout in the bus.
- Any instance of misbehaviour / misconduct, bullying and accident must be reported immediately or at the earliest, for appropriate action by the school authorities. A delay in reporting may not be able to tell the genuineness of the complaint.